Sunday 18 August 2013

SignLanguage Bob Tau update... well a small update.

So another month has almost passed us by without us showing our updates. Unfortunately real life events has stopped us from doing any major updates on the blog (such as fixing leaks in the shower, leaks on the roofs, leaks everywhere basically and that's just at my end).

So enough of the depressing stuff. You readers will want to know what we have been up to.

Well at the moment I have been reading the new Tau Empire Supplement: Farsight Enclaves. All I can say is.... wow. The back story is just fantastic. I read the whole book in one sitting. Although I do think the price for the book could of done with been a cheaper for what you get. I cant say I regret getting it. I will do a mini review about the book in another post.

In the mean time I have been working on some of my Fire Warriors...

 
 
 

I wanted my Tau to look different from everyone else's Tau that you seen on the table top. So with that in mind I wanted them to look a little less high tech and more as if they had been fighting in a long campaign. This would mean certain bits of wargear and tech would have to be customised to look different due to the demands of resources in war. As they will be an Urban force, I wanted the rifles to look shorter (without loosing the pulse rifle range to that of the pulse carbine) and a little low tech. So I cut the scope and grenade launcher off the pulse carbine. Lucky for me this has given me the look I was after. As I had a few faulty batches of fire warriors I decided to replace the back packs with space marine ammo pouches which I feel further enforces the adaptions to war (been rough and ready). Although I am not intending to get a Farsight army, I will be buying the Farsight Enclaves shoulder guards. The main reason is because I have lots of second hand fire warriors with missing parts and ebay tends to over charge on just single shoulder guards as it is. Plus they are very rare so when one does appear it tends to get a lot of interest.

Will on the topic of Fire Warriors, I would like to say to games workshop if they ever read this post is that could you please fix this plastic kits. The leg armour plates are now so warped that you cant even fix it unless you have the skills to fix it. This has come from not only the box I brought from games workshop but also from the second hand models as well. So I am guessing it have been faulty for some time. (I wont even dare to write about how bad the Crisis suit sprues are).

Any back to the post, I decided to paint my Tau armour in the following colour scheme....

 

As all you Anime and Manga fans will know, this is based on the Gundam RX-78-2, but with a twist. The colour scheme is actually for the "Curry Gundam" event in japan. However I love the colour scheme so much I cant help but borrow it for my Tau. Although I'm sure I will be thinking about curry non stop once I get around to painting it all.

Next Month I will look at buying a Cadre Fireblade Commander (I love the model) but putting on a Fire Warrior Helmet instead of its bare head.

Rusty has been working on another dreadnought and more marines. While Nathanel has been working on his guard and has come up with some great ideads for his Guard Vets.

Until next time.....


Sign Language Bob 
 



2 comments:

  1. RX-78 Colour scheme.. I was actually thinking of combining a Crisis Suit with a RX-78 MSIA kit to have a Gundam looking Crisis Suit..

    Only challenge is working out the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend this link regarding using gundam parts on GW Tau kits.

      http://exodites.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/xv104-riptide-conversion-finished.html

      As you can guess, it seems to fit the bigger models better. I think you will be able to do it on a normal crisis suit but you will need to do a lot of cutting & filing.

      Delete